Tuesday, January 3, 2017

So Long 2016

When looking back at 2016 as a whole, there is one strong word that comes to mind, growth. 2016 challenged me as an individual on more than one occasion, allowing me to overcome these obstacles and to grow stronger and bigger than the day before. There was a lot that came out of 2016, but for me, the big milestone this past year was taking each day one by one, leaving one day to go into the next with a greater appreciation and a stronger mindset. This year, I grew into a new person; I stepped out of my comfort zone and challenged myself to be a better person than I was the day before. Looking back, there had been times where I struggled and fell flat on my face; 2016 had pushed me to my limits, exposed my true colours, and for that I am grateful.

2016 was a lesson, for each day, there was something new to learn. Both physically and emotionally, this past year pushed me until I couldn’t anymore, but in times of question and doubt, I surprised myself and pulled through every time. 2016 was like climbing a mountain, sometimes you would come across boulders and occasionally you would trip and scrap up a limb or two, but despite the pain, you poured a little hydrogen peroxide on it to cleanse the wound, slapped a Band-Aid on it and called it a day, you kept climbing towards the top; once you’re halfway up, why turn around and go back now? 2016 taught me that despite the ugly, there was always going to be a rainbow to follow. No matter how many times you fell, you still had the willpower and the drive to keep climbing.

Relationships, distance, passion, and emotions were tested this year. Although there is still some unfinished work that is being carried into the New Year, I have grown and overcome a lot of the unexpected, allowing me to look back and admire the hard work and effort put into myself over the course of last year. I have learned a lot about personal growth and what it means to mature into the person I am today. Although it seemed that many times throughout 2016, things in my world were falling apart; it’s a blessing in disguise. Looking back on it all and seeing how it has made me stronger, grateful, and more open-minded has made me smile on more than one occasion.

 I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people surrounding me, my family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues, for they have allowed me to grow with them throughout 2016 and they have pushed me to persevere day in and day out. They have offered a lending hand when it was needed and for that I am extremely and doubtfully obliged.



Jumping into present day 2017, I am so excited for this New Year, for new opportunities! I'm looking forward to new adventures and experiences that will teach me to grow as an individual. I'm looking forward to learning new things and sharing with others what I have learned. 


Here’s to a New Year, enhanced me! Here’s to last year’s troubles and today’s growth; to new obstacles that we will overcome and to the adventures we will have! So long, 2016.

With love,
Latisha



No comments:

Post a Comment