Monday, August 8, 2016

Let's Eat Cake!

Hello darling! 



Today I have a birthday inspired post for you all! What better way to celebrate my birthday than with cake itself?! This recipe is perfect for those of you who just want a little something to satisfy your sweet tooth! Don't worry, I won't judge if you decide to eat it all yourself; it'll be our little secret! Let us eat cake! 

This recipe was super easy, I got my reference from this source I found on Pinterest. 


Birthday Cake in a Jar

1 box cake mix 

1 jar frosting with sprinkles 

Food coloring 

Mason jar

Candles (it isn't a party if we don't have some lit!) 



Directions

1. Bake cake according to directions on the packaged cake mix box. I decided to add red and yellow food coloring to the cake batter to create a pinky colored cake. 

2. Once the cake has been completely cooled, begin crumbling and place at the bottom of your mason jar. About 1/4 of the way full, alternate to frosting; I tinted my frosting with a pastel green & blue to give it some fun color. 

3. Again, alternating back to the crumbled cake & laying that on top of the frosting, & top it all off with one more layer of frosting! 

4. Add a little bit of sprinkles & light some candles (because it isn't a party without them) on top & enjoy!


Everyday is a say worth celebrating; tag me in your recreations on Instagram  @agirlnamedlatisha! Enjoy loves! 

XOXO, 
Latisha 



No comments:

Post a Comment