Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Noted Thought: Love Yourself

Hello Gorgeous!

Unfortunately I was unable to post Monday, it's been so busy with school and work! I want my content to be based on quality over quantity. So I'm back making up for my delayed post!

Photo courtesy of @fraughtyissue via We Heart It 

Today I wanted to talk about a topic that's been popping up everywhere in my world for the last week; loving yourself. Every outlet I have turned to this past week has been expressing the same message. Social media outlets, school, & even my yoga class, all talking about this same topic. 

Most days I can say I take this phrase a little too lightly, maybe we all do from time to time. Growing up, I was taught that putting others before yourself was a very important asset to posses. It's been so drilled into my everyday lifestyle that sometimes I forget to take care of myself regarding my needs & what makes me feel good about who I am as a person. Some days it's nice to just take a few extra minutes out of your day to collect your thoughts; primp yourself, put on the biggest smile that shines so bright. Life gets so busy with school, work, & trying to keep up with everyone else that it's hard to find the time to take a moment to think of yourself & truly appreciate who you are as a person. 

Accepting yourself is definitely easier said than done in the society we live in now. It's so hard to love yourself when our whole world is overwhelmed with social media and comparing ourselves with our peers. How often do we stop to think about what we love most about ourselves? I can admit to not doing so often enough. "Am I pretty enough", & "am I good enough" are thoughts often overran by the world we live in now. It's definitely a struggle to not compare ourselves to the images we see online or on the streets out & about. 

I believe loving yourself starts with taking time for yourself. When was the last time you did something for yourself that made you feel good about being you, whether it was reading your favorite book, taking a comforting bath, or talking a walk around your neighborhood by yourself just to sightsee? 

I have a challenge today, leave a comment down below sharing what the best part of you is. What is your favorite attribute? What makes you unique & beautiful inside & out? Allow me to start, I love the creativity inside of me. I love losing myself in my passions & creating beautiful art. Now, it's your turn! What is your favorite attribute? 

I hope you all have a positive week filled with lots of self loving! 

XOXO
Latisha 


No comments:

Post a Comment