Monday, January 18, 2016

L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation Review and Demo

Hi dolls! 

I am so excited to be sharing with you my thoughts and demo on the new drugstore L'Oreal Paris, True Match Lumi Cushion Buildable Luminous Foundation! I have been testing out this product for about two weeks now  and I've developed a pretty solid opinion on this foundation! Ready to get started?




First things first, I purchased my foundation for $16.99 at Rite Aid; I'm not sure about you, but that seemed like a pretty steep price tag for being a drugstore foundation. I picked up mine in the shade N2 Classic Ivory, the same shade I wear in the original True Match foundation by L'Oreal. The product comes in 12 shades ranging from warm, neutral, and cool undertones, which I'm sure many of us can really appreciate! When trying out new drugstore foundations, it seems like I always have trouble with colour matching to my fair skin tone; a lot of the time, the foundation will be either too warm on me or too pink and I'll end up returning it. I find that L'Oreal always does a great job catering to all skin tones and undertones so that you're sure to find a similar match! 

The product comes in a little circular white and rose gold compact. Super cute packaging, I definitely have to give it an A+ for that; I'm totally a sucker for rose gold! When opened, you'll find a pretty good quality mirror (I used to do all of my face and eye makeup with yesterday and it was perfect) along with a sponge applicator. Continue further opening the package you'll find the foundation itself in a cushion form, just as the name suggests; no need to deal with messy product or the product itself drying out. 


I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of the applicator itself, when I first used this product with the sponge that came with it, my foundation came off a little streaky and uneven. But when used with a beauty blender, I had no problem at all! The product blended out like a dream with very buildable coverage; I've been able to build this up to a very flawless medium coverage. I'm sure if you wanted to build it up more, there would be no problem with that. As far as the finish goes, this product definitely gives that luminous and glowy result. I'm not sure how well you would love this product if you have oily skin but coming from a normal to dry skin point of view, this product looks fresh and healthy on my skin; I can easily say this gives me a "my skin but better" result. The foundation sits so beautifully on my face; I've had no problem with any of the product building up as to where it looks unnatural laying on my skin. I could really go on and on about how beautiful this foundation looks!  

The wear time of this foundation lasts a pretty decent amount of time! I would say this product definitely holds up a good eight hours if not more. When I go to remove my makeup at the end of the day, my foundation still looks very healthy and flawless as it did a few hours before! The only difference is my foundation feels a bit more tacky, if you will, than it did the morning of applying (nothing a little powder can't solve though). Other than that, I don't have any complaints on how this foundation wears at all! The one downside I would say is the price point, but I mean, you get what you pay for! 


This new drugstore foundation definitely has my seal of approval and I can definitely see myself repurchasing in the future! If you've been on the edge of purchasing this, I would definitely say go for it, I really don't think you'll be disappointed with your decision. If you have tried this product how did it work for you? Have you had as good as results as I have? Let me know of some other foundations I should try next! 

XOXO, 
Latisha 






No comments:

Post a Comment