Thursday, August 27, 2015

Confidence is beauty

How do you recognize confidence? Is it by the way someone carries themselves? How they treat others? Or maybe some may say how they present themselves to the world, their outside apparence. To me, confidence is feeling beautiful both inside and out.

Today, I had the pleasure of experiencing the transformation of a small, meak and mild caterpillar evolve into the most gorgeous butterfly that you've ever laid eyes on within a matter of 2 hours. I completed my first drastic haircut on a 12 year old girl who decided she wanted to donate her hair to locks of love. Needless to say, this girl was courageous and inspiring and so mature. If someone would have came next to my hair with shears and my hair was that long, I would have cried, literally. This girl openly embraced her new punk, short hair with enthusiasm and so much positivity. This to me, was confidence. Seeing her leave with a huge smile on her face, rocking her new hairstyle, is the most rewarding feeling I could ever ask for. This is definitely why I love this industry and my career; giving someone that little push they need to give them the confidence to feel like they can be anyone they want to be and do anything that they would like to do, that's the rewarding part. 

In today's society I find it so hard to be who you are without fretting about who is watching or who might judge you, but this young girl was so eager to show all of her close family and friends and this to me was such an inspirational moment. I strive to be this positive and confident; to be myself. I hope you can find something that makes you feel beautiful both inside and out today, whether it be through a haircut or a gorgeous outfit or maybe even just that bright lovely smile of yours. Everyday is a great day to show the world your confidence, because confidence is beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment