Thursday, December 18, 2014

Review: Rimmel London Wonder'lash Mascara with Argan Oil

For those of you who have read my October monthly favorites post, you already know that I am a total mascara junkie, so when I saw that Rimmel London had a new mascara out on the shelves of my local Walgreens, I knew that I needed to try it out; I picked up this one in the shade 003 Extreme Black for about $8.00.


When I try a mascara I tend to look for a drier formula; not super dry but not like you're adding water to your eyelashes either, you know what I mean? I also really like mascaras that coat each individual lash and give that doe-eye effect, making it look like you could almost be wearing falsies. I really feel like this mascara gives me both of these qualities. When I first used it I didn't see the doe-like effect right away, but after using it for a week I feel like my eyelashes just looked so girly and full when wearing this mascara.

This mascara claims to have argan oil to help nourish your lashes, and I do notice that this mascara is super lightweight and soft looking, but I don't see much of the nourishing like the package claims. Maybe after using it a few more times I'll see different results. However, this mascara applies like a dream. I'm not 100% sure what it is, and maybe it is the argan oil, but this mascara just goes on effortlessly and so smoothly. I haven't had a problem with clumping, even when adding extra coats. I know some people like that spidery look and if you're that type of person, I would not recommend this mascara to you. This mascara keeps every individual lash separated even when adding more than one coat.


As for the wand, it is straight, plastic bristled, and spiked. Usually I tend to lean more toward the curved brushes but I thought I would give this one a go. I already have curled lashes as is, most days I don't even curl my lashes I just rely on the wand to help give me that extra pick-me-up, "I'm awake" look; however, I really enjoy the wand of this mascara even though it is straight.

Overall, this mascara definitely has my seal of approval and it has found a way next to my heart. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this mascara again in the future! Let me know in the comments if you have tried this mascara yet and how it worked out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment